I trust that you and yours are in the midst of a very happy holiday season!
As we transition to a new year, it’s a great time to take stock of the opportunities and challenges that we, as leaders, are facing in 2015:
- What major changes are looming on your horizon?
- What current projects require key decisions to influence your team and organization in a more powerful way?
- What new possibilities exist that you’d love to take advantage this coming year?
And, how confident do you feel in the face of these impending possibilities? As you do so much for others in your professional and personal lives at this time of year, I invite you to take some time during the holidays to give yourself the gift of reflection to help you better prepare for the opportunities and challenges that 2015 will bring. Ask yourself:
- What important leadership lessons have I learned in 2014? What have the changes I’ve been through this year taught me about myself?
- How equipped and empowered do I feel to take charge of change in 2015?
- What information, tools, and resources would help me take my ability to spearhead successful and sustainable change for my career, team, and organization to the next level in the new year?
To help focus and ground your reflection, I’d like to offer you a resource that I use with my clients to help develop their Change Intelligence – the ADAPT tool. As renowned physicist Stephen Hawking sagely stated, “Intelligence is the ability to adapt to change.”
Want to ADAPT?
Click here To access the free ADAPT tool and
download the PDF.
As I share with my clients, to cope with demanding challenges spanning from mergers to reorganizations to new technologies, we don’t need to change ourselves, any more than we can “force” change on those we seek to partner with towards positive new directions. Instead, the opportunity is to ADAPT our behaviors to be more effective across a wider variety of situations, thereby expanding our influence and increasing our impact.
The ADAPT tool and exercise is an example of one of the straightforward yet powerful methodologies participants learn in the CQ Certification Program, to enable them to become more savvy change leaders themselves, as well as to coach and train their colleagues and clients in this critical competency. It’s a targeted and simple resource to encourage intentional reflection about the one aspect of our workplaces and our worlds we can genuinely control – ourselves! How liberating is that?!
Please do reach out and let me know what insights the tool provided you, and how you are planning on applying your learnings on-the-job in the new year.